Mother’s Day is just around the corner — and whilst the fella is probably going out of his mind worrying what to do and trying to find that ‘perfect gift‘ from those little humans I made, little does he know, that I already have everything I ever wanted.
I understand that Mother’s Day is about celebrating your mum, along with all the wonderful things she does and showing her just how much she means to you with the perfect present that she’ll love, but just the simple things in life are enough sometimes, without spending lots of money on flashy presents and cards.
So my little darlings, if you’re reading this (which I highly doubt they are), here’s a couple of my perfect Mother’s Day picks — and all that’s needed is time and love.
A long lie in (and maybe bring a cuppa) – Now, I can’t complain that I hardly ever get a lie in, as most weekends he lets me lay in bed until I actually drag myself out of my pit, whilst he gets the coffee brewing and feeds the kids. It’s only then, when I can smell the coffee being brewed that I emerge from said pit and let that sweet coffee nectar soothe my soul! Aaaaaah!
A beach day – Given today’s weather (I really hope it’s here to stay!) all’s I want to do is hit the beach and relax in the sunshine. Soak up some rays, take a picnic and let the kids play in the sand…. Now this sounds like heaven right now!
A family bike ride – to the pub (obviously), now that our children are a little older it’s nice to be able get out and about with them and enjoy our time together. A bike ride along the canal or around the lake sounds perfect. Aaaaand maybe a cheeky little beverage at the pub wouldn’t go amiss – after all, cycling is hard work! 😉
A family nature walk – there’s nothing more (and he knows this) that I love than getting our wellies on and having a nice long stroll through nature. Even the kids have a blast when we’re out in the fresh air. Maybe pack a picnic and head into the wilderness or a nature trail with a play park at the end for the kids to enjoy whilst we relax with a hot brew.
Rather than just a bunch of flowers or a box of chocolates this Mother’s Day (Sunday March 31st 2019) why not treat your mum to some cherished memories instead, here’s my top six budget friendly ideas …
1. Breakfast in bed – whether it’s jam on toast and a cup of tea or a full fry up, this is sure to put a smile on any mums face.
2. Do the housework – oh yes, that’s right, clean up, get the dinner on, sort the laundry out – you got this! Mum does it everyday – it’s not that difficult, right?
3. Make some memories – arts and crafts, photo scrap booking, board games, just the simplest of things like spending time together is sure to make your mum happy.
4. Get out the camera – if like me, your mums probably got thousands of photos of their partners and the kids and their phone memory is bursting with wonderful memories. But how many of them have mum in?
5. Write something special – this could be a poem or even a short paragraph of how wonderful your mum is. Whatever it is, it will bring a tear of joy to her eye.
6. Plan a picnic – I’m sure any mum would love having some fun in the sun with her favourite foods and her favourite people – and if it’s raining – have it indoors!
Make your mum smile with an unforgettable day this Mother’s Day!
nay nay x